Who loves this weather?????

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who loves this weather?????

Post by CaptainScott »

Seattle area is in a near record breaking dry spell!
Since July 23 we've had 0.03 inches of rain! Oh my gosh! it has been fabulous!

The bonuses for me:
I have not carried rain gear on my Harley in a couple of months! However it was 39 this morning!
I have not even considered putting a hard top on my convertible! Usually it goes on and off this time of the year!
My yard simply refuses to grow! I now mow just to keep the dogs potty spots the same height as the brown stuff that used to be known as grass! The bird population in our backyard is so diverse and has increased 3 fold this year!

However, there is a MAJOR disadvantiage that I have noticed and did not expect!

Lady Jo "WAS" parked under a lamp pole in her storage area. I went down last week and she was COVERED in purple bird poo! OMG! Blackberrys are now ripe and I guess the birds love them! So I moved her to a different spot. Did not help. Looks lile anti bird spikes for the spreaders are in order! So, this weekend we retrieved our dinghy from Destiny for winter stoorage on her trailer and guess what? It seems the taller sailboat near us has moved on leaving Destiny the tallest set of spreaders around. Hmm, the birds now park on Destiny and now she is covered in poo! YIKES At least it is not purple! LOL!

If this is global warming, I'm in!
So, how is your weather?

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

50 for a low this morning, high yesterday was 60-ish..near perfect for me.. soon as we get beyond trying to reason with hurricane season I'm launching on the coast. Nov 10 is target date..
cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cs3079 »

39 degree low here in my part of the mitten. 62 and sunny tomorrow and that's the best it'll get this week. I refuse to work on my snowblower 'till I go sailing again, so I better get out there!
Bruce
Chry Wndw Shopping/'69 Newport H-20
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65343255@N06/
Vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60647F9C03EAE28A

I want a boat that drinks 6, eats 4, and sleeps 2.
- Earnest K. Gann
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Nice read Scott, pretty much the same around here. My 4 acre yard is green but I haven't had to mow it much this year. But there seems to be a lot of grubs my backyard is all dug up. My boat is now about 12 inches under my dock. And from time to time my rudder runs aground. Hope the water in the Great Lakes comes up by spring. If the water does not come back up. A lot of sailboats wont be using there slips. My C-26 has to have 27" keel up
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

EE,

Where at on the coast?
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Pass Christian/Long Beach area..looking at both, but probably PC. Thats about as close as I can get to the house at 2.5 hours away.