Latest projects

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
snowbordlb

Latest projects

Post by snowbordlb »

I am coming up with a list of projects for my 22. I am currently deployed and get a few weeks off when I get back, was going to spend a part of them working on the boat. I need to replace the mast step. We had a bit of a problem last time we brought down the mast. So that project is a must. I have a new mast hinge we are going to put on at the same time. I also have a new tiller that we are going to install. I was thinking about working on the electrical system. I have been looking at the various posts on the discussion boards and was looking for input on where to mount the electrical panel and what panel to get. Anyone have any recommendations? Ideas for places to get new LED lights/wire/deck connectors? We have a west marine near the house but I can order stuff while I am over here and have it all sent to the house. Anyone know what lights I need to be legal in SC? Thanks for all the help
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Happy to hear you're heading back in to home port as well !

Sounds like you had the same, ah, malfunction, I once had with EE's mast step..
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Speaking of the power panel,
Here is a link that I posted after installing a battery switch and power panel on my C22.

The panel is a basic panel that I added led's to so it would look cool! LOL!

http://www.chryslersailors.com/discussi ... php?t=3150

Scott
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Make a list of all the things your going to want to hook up to the power panel, then buy a bigger one :shock:
Better to have a couple empty switches, than overload an undersized panel.
And you will have room for the new toy to plug in when you get it :D
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
N41EF

Post by N41EF »

If you look under the electrical section you'll find my thread about how I built mine. I used a lawn mower sized batter with an on board charger and a battery switch to allow taking a second battery for long trips.

I installed a mast hinge, and with it and the briddles it is easy to raise and lower the mast with one person.

As long as you have the internet over there, read away, there are months or reading here.

Oh, and there is also a place called White's Marine in SC. They sell on ebay and ship quick. it might also be worth the drive to go visit them.

http://stores.ebay.com/whitesmarine
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

My was pot in brand new by the prior owner. He mounted it but never connected any wires. I did the wiring and I like it and its location.

This is on the Starboard sidejust under the aft window on my C22.
(Double click to enlarge.)

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing