TMI 22 imformation

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Careyr

TMI 22 imformation

Post by Careyr »

alanhod wrote:
[quote]"I would love to see what my boat grew up to be. I have not even looked. Do we have any documentation on the TMI line in our documents collection here on the forum. Photo's of, or even a link to photo's would be grand indeed."

I've always meant to put something on the site about TMI 22 but am trying to find time to put together all the history I've found, etc. One thing I've become pretty convinced about is that the first ones were produced in 1980, looking exactly like the C22 hull. In '81, the look changed to a more traditional style with a raised cabin roof. It went to a fractional rig with a slightly larger mainsail, (my calculations) because the mast heights are the same but my boom is maybe 1' lower than the C22 (less headroom, aarg). The Tmi weighs 500-1000 lbs more. If you go look at the photos of the 1982 Starwind, it looks almost identical to the "81 TMI, inside and out. The main change was in the windows. Starwind split the one on TMI into two lites, also adding a third lite forward of those. I have some pics, but don't know how to attach.
[/img]
Carey
1981 TMI 22: "Ms.Chief"
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

There's a handy reference for posting pics at

http://www.chryslersailors.com/discussi ... php?t=1373

Or if that's not working, you can email them to me and I'll get them posted !