EBAY:1980 TMI-30 Chrysler-30 Osprey

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

EBAY:1980 TMI-30 Chrysler-30 Osprey

Post by EmergencyExit »

Gus

Post by Gus »

15K is a bit too much. I went to see a 1980 S2 8.5 (28 footer) yesterday, and the boat only needed a good cleaning. With a new diesel engine, all the electronics, etc, etc, the owner is asking 6K.
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

I can easily see him asking $15k or more if the boats in good condition. It looks like it has that much in upgrades.

When you get to the 30' cruising range sailboats your getting into a different relm when it comes to repair cost. A replacement engine alone can cost you $15k.

I have sailed a C-30 and think it would be a great boat to cruise or liveaboard.

Most boats of that age will at some point need most of its original equipment replaced, exsample water pumps, rigging, plumbing and engine and tranny work along with prop and shaft work, bonus when head and
upholstery are done.
I have seen were boats needed atleast $10k worth of work in the yard before I would sail of shore, On older boats you either "pay up front or in the end".

I hope the new owner will come to this site with news he/she is very happy they found there dream boat and its a Chrysler.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Wow, that is one nice looking boat.

It's good I'm broke and the boat's on the other side of the country. That boat looks ready to go right now from the photo's.

I hope someone here on the forum gets her.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing