Here I go again! New Chrysler 22 owner! LOL!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here I go again! New Chrysler 22 owner! LOL!

Post by CaptainScott »

Well, it has been for sale off and on on Craigs List. Owners were very hard on price. Zero room for negotiations. However, the price was indeed very attractiveas is anyway so off I went to see the boat.

Overall she is in pretty good condition and well appointed with stuff.
Original boat, trailer and motor! Looks like original sails too but they have some crinkle in them and look super clean. I suspect thus boat was on its way to becoming a derilect. All cushions were removed, sails, lines, tiller handle, etc all removed and stored. However, I managed to get all that stuff before it was separated from the boat! YEAH!

I have not looked through all the items but she has a knot meter, rigged for spinnaker including the spinnaker pole, cockpit cushions in decent shape, so far I've found 3 nice anchors, and still plenty to go through.

Sadly the couple were splitting up. She had the boat, he had the titles and it was a bit of a hassle to get the paper but all is done! My gut tells me this boat was a well cared for baby that just fell by the wayside do to busy lives and changing marital status.

Over all the boat is a great platform to clean up and play with! Generally looks good with signs of neglect but not like the ones I usually buy! LOL!

Pictures to follow!

Here I go again! LOL!

Scott

PS: For those counting this is the 4th C22, recently a C20, and a long time ago a Dagger.

First shot is at her old home as I found her! NOT BAD!
Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image
Last shot is Lady Jo rigged and ready to play!
Last edited by CaptainScott on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Congratulations on your new purchase, when it comes to the Chrysler 22 year the man.
windnutlarry

New C22

Post by windnutlarry »

Congratulations!! Now I don't feel quite so odd having two C22's.... I just bought the one in MN that is in the forum " for sale" section. I had considered it last July, but finally sprung for it a couple of weeks ago. This one had the mast get away from the PO, and the mast step is cracked down to the cabin roof. Projects, projects...
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Scott...I see that it has the teak grab handles on the sliding companionway hatch rails...same as mine...looks good.
Bill
Gus

Post by Gus »

Congrats! Seems to be in good shape!
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Looks Good Scott I wish I had the area and money I passed on a few and missed a few.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Okay I'm going to come right out and say it here.

Captain Scott, the time has come for an intervention. You know we all care about you here and your with friends. Stop buying C22's. No, I know, I said it in writing, but it's true.

Clearly you need to START buying C26's from this point on. No, now don't stop me, hear me out.

The pad beside your house fits 2 Chrysler C22's but it's a little tight with two of them there. The space is much more suited to the larger C26. The C26 has more issues to fix built in because it is larger. I'm thinking as a project you would need at least 1 year and 6 months to completely refit a C26 in need. You have the C22's done in 6 to 9 months now. Clearly not enough challenge for your skill and dedication level.

I now return you to the meeting already in progress...

Hi my name is Alan, I'm a Chrysler Sail boat addict. I own a C22 that means way more to me then just a collection of fiberglass, aluminum and stainless steel. I think about sailing it or working on it every day. I can't stop. I want a C26 too but can't afford it, so I try to talk my friends into buying one. It's a sickness I tell you. :shock:

Thanks
Alan

P.S. Hey Captain Scott, I LOVE IT. I will be over to see your new boat as soon as I can. :D
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Alan has a good point there, but in your case where you don't have a slip and have to launch the boat every time you want to go sailing on it. I think the C 22 is better for you, and no doubt you to fix them up fast and give them new life. I have a C 26, and I must say launching and haul out just once a year is all I can handle. I have often thought of buying a C 22, there has been a few that I passed up. But I already have a 25 foot McGregor it is a lot like the Chrysler 22 only with the cockpit more like the C 20. My Chrysler 26 is a day sailor, I don't have I Kelly or a sink. But I do have a refrigerator, one of the bad things about a C 26 is the cockpit floor which tends to be a soft spot. I have my refrigerator under it which gives the cockpit floor a lot of support. I do like to 26, and I am sure if you ever sailed on a 26 you would probably want one. Best wishes on your new C 22 I am sure you will have it looking like new soon. Just in time for your birthday 12/13
cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cs3079 »

Sweet 22 Scott! Here' another nice one, a 26! It hasn't broken the $500 mark on EBAY...yet. Are you in for a road trip? The fam would love New England at Christmastime. Looks like there's still some room in the driveway too, LOL
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-Chr ... 389wt_1021
Bruce
Chry Wndw Shopping/'69 Newport H-20
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65343255@N06/
Vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60647F9C03EAE28A

I want a boat that drinks 6, eats 4, and sleeps 2.
- Earnest K. Gann
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Alan you are awesome funny! LOL!

You are correct about space! I can park two C22's end to end where Lady Jo is. However I currently have a 10 RIB and 7.5' Dyer sailboat on a trailer behind Lady Jo! So it is even tighter right now! Lady Jo has to go back about 10 feet and I'm not sure I have room enough for all three trailers! YIKES!

C26's are very interesting to me but I'm not sure I can comfortably pull one with my F150. She's rated at 5800 lbs towing and the 26 comes in more than that after you add gear and trailer. Also, the 26'ers do not seem to be nearly as available here. There is one in my marina now but it is missing a guage in the cockpit and the hole was not plugged. She lists and I suspect there is a tone of water in her. She looks nearly abandoned but the moorage is paid. No trailer that I'm aware of. But . . . . .I am watching! LOL!

The new C22 came with a lot of extra stuff so I will have to go through it to see what is there. I know there are at least 3 anchors and I know Alan needs one so he will benifit too! THis boat does not need much to make her nice again. I'm sure I could take her sailing today if I wanted to!

Yesterday we went crabbing on Destiny. Cold, windy 22 kts steady. Only caught 5. Dinner was good though!

Scott