Starboard ThruHull C22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
DVD

Starboard ThruHull C22

Post by DVD »

Hi,

I just picked up a '76 C22 and noticed about a 1" or less hole about mid cabin below the water line which appears to be purposely made? There is no thru hull fitting in place so I am wondering if I am missing something or just need to plug it.

Thanks, DVD Sarasota FL
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome to the forum DVD!
Glad to have ya!

The starboard through hull on a C22 is factory. Your C22 originally came with a small slide out stove and sink. This was normally stored on the starboard side in the lazerette however slide forward on a track into the cabin on the starboard side. The sink would drain into a little hole in the sette under the cushions which would then drain via a hose into the little storage cuby under the cushions, starbord side just aft of the bulkhead. That inturn drained through the through hull!

Hope this helps!
Scott
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Welcome, this is a great forum every one is happy to help. And having some one that can pick up a C-22 well be a big plus.
N41EF

Post by N41EF »

Welcome to the "Family" DVD. If you search under C22 doccuments, zI scanned the install instructions for the galley. If you don't have the galley, you can always cap it inside.

Some people like the galley option, don't know that I would want to try to cook in such cramped spaces.
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Welcome aboard ship mate.

Yup Captain Scot nailed it. it's a drain for the sink and yes it should be closed when sailing. There should be a stop cock on the through hole on the inside. The original Chrysler doc's said to always close the sink sea cock when not in use and to never use it when under way.

So you got a 1976 C22. It was a good year, a fine vintage I must say, my personal favorite. Oh did I mention mine is a C22 as well. :lol:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
bjaeger

Post by bjaeger »

timlabute shows a pic of the galley in Freeride in his post.

Bruce
timlabute

Post by timlabute »

Here it is :)

DVD

Thanks!

Post by DVD »

Thank you for the warm welcome! The reply's are appreciated especially the photo. My boat is coming along nicely and should look excellent in the coming weeks! Fair winds DVD
timlabute

Post by timlabute »

You are very welcome! Post up some pics :)
gregcrawford

Post by gregcrawford »

I took the plastic through hull out of my 1976 C22 and replaced it with an honest-to-goodness bronze through bolted seacock. I epoxied a teak pad to the hull, drilled three holes through the hull and installed countersunk screws bedded in 3M 4200. I know, I know, good practice dictates two clamps on each fitting. This picture was taken before I installed the second clamp on everything that would accept two clamps. I now have to install a tee and a second shut off valve so that the galley can drain via this outlet. The hole in the bulkhead on the left side of the picture is where the galley drain hose normally protrudes. This seacock is kept closed at all times unless I am using the washdown pump. The washdown pump works great as I have no water supply at my dock. I use it to wash the boat several times each summer. Plus, if you get close enough you can spray people on the shore or other boats...

Greg Crawford
Knoxville, TN

1976 Chrysler 22 "Blues Image"

http://bluesimage.blogspot.com/
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Nice idea Greg!!!
Bill
timlabute

Post by timlabute »

That's awesome!!!
DVD

WaterLine

Post by DVD »

I just saw a photo of the starboad side of "blew by you" and the thru hull is clearly above the waterline. Having not launched yet I believed the opening is below the water line? thanks dvd