Mast raising bridle

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
windnutlarry

Mast raising bridle

Post by windnutlarry »

Has anyone used the bridle shown in the archived instruction book? If so, does anyone have the dimensions handy? It looks like a good idea, and any way to reduce the drama of stepping the mast is worthwhile.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Hi Larry...here is a link to the bridle discussion with a drawing of the bridles I use... I have a copy of the drawing but I don't remember how I got it...I think it is somewhere in the forum...maybe someone will post the link to it.

You may be able to read it as is in the post...I made a set and they work fine.viewtopic.php?t=1505&highlight=bridle
Bill
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I never had the actual dimensions when I made mine.
What I did for my C22 though is measure the length of the legs such that the upper "eye" is equal in height to the base of the mast when installed.
I count per the instructions on a C22 23 holes in the toe rail from the bow going towards the stern for one leg, and the other leg of the bridle goes in the 32 hole. I uses string to get the beginning measurements by simply mimicking what the bridle does. Then just measured the string.

Worked very well for me!

Scott

PS: Looking at the documents page I found this which has measurements. It does not indicate a C22 or C26 so a measurement might still be in order for you!
N41EF

Post by N41EF »

I made a pair of the briddles by taking a 2x4 and putting two nails in it the length of the dimmessions, then using the thimbles to set the length. I've raised the mast twich without, and a dozen times with them. Take the time to make a set, then get 4, 10 foor nylon tiedowns from harbor freight.

Mt daughter refers to the "old" method without them as a near death experience.
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting