wet plywood

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Guillaume C.

wet plywood

Post by Guillaume C. »

Hi, while re-doing my floor that was rotten, ive discovered wet plywood that cannot be changed or repaired easily on my 26' swing keel.

here's a drawing to explain where it is:
the term in french mean:
plancher = floor
bois humide = wet plywood
puits derive = the place where the swing keel goes

Do you have any idea what I could do? of course the part over the floor dont cause problem, thats the part under the floor that cannot be reach

EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

In Good Old Boat magazine Sep/Oct 2004 there is an article on working in this area. I think he also replaced the keel stiffeners you are pointing to.

www.goodoldboat.com
Chrysler20%26

Just a reminder to all, the 26 is two boats in one.

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

EmergencyExit wrote:In Good Old Boat magazine Sep/Oct 2004 there is an article on working in this area. I think he also replaced the keel stiffeners you are pointing to.

www.goodoldboat.com
If your outer boat fales, an takes on a lot of water at once. The enter boat takes over.
Guillaume C.

Post by Guillaume C. »

Thanks you, the nice people at goodoldboat.com sent me the article, as well as the write,(as I asked both). He changed that part but his has the lead in foam version, I wich I had this model;P Seem like I will get as much wood as possible with a modified chisel then pour some resin there so it cant get wet again(resin can break easily, but being next to the ballast it should be fine.

question: in the small bilge portion, I have 3 inch thick of resin on the bottom, do you have this? the resin is all cracked and dont know if I should replace it

'' If your outer boat fales, an takes on a lot of water at once. The enter boat takes over.'' Can you explain me what that mean? I speak french and dont understans the meaning of this sentence too well...
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Good article to keep on hand.

The other post was saying the C26 has an outer and inner hull. A double hull. Not sure that is correct. Mine is a single hull.

The resin in the rear keel pocket is sloppy work on mine, too. I am not fixing it.

Regards,

BL