Cushions On The CHEAP

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cushions On The CHEAP

Post by EmergencyExit »

Made some quicky banquette cushions for Aislin Girl, and updated the blog here. Not fancy, just quick, cheap, and functional.
windnutlarry

Post by windnutlarry »

Looks great!! What type of foam and fabric did you use? I tried to find closed cell foam online last year, but could not get it in the small quantity I needed.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Plain old 2" mdium density foam. And heavy cotton duck fabric. Not terribly seaworthy, but will do for now which was the aim..
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

That is pretty cool EE! I like the simplicity!

Another source for cheap cushions for me is simply Walmart! At the end of the season they always have the outdoor furniture on sale cheap. That includes the cushions! I can generally do Lady Jo for 100 bucks sometimes 150 if the sale is not good or I buy early to get the colors I prefer.

Yeah, I know, cheap and cheasy but hey, they look and work very well for my needs!

Scott
timlabute

Post by timlabute »

Awesome! Great thinking! Where is the wood from? Not sure my local builder store has anything that thin...
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

timlabute wrote:Awesome! Great thinking! Where is the wood from? Not sure my local builder store has anything that thin...
Thanks ! I ripped it from 1x2's on my table saw. Down to about 1/2x1. A better bet would be lattice or lath strips. a bit wider than I had made mine would be better I think..couple bucks each
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Nice n quick, cool!

I was told for the v-birth to fit the angle along the hull with the thicker foam to use an electric cutting knife... wouldn't tell the redhead tho. :wink:
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Bhacurly wrote:Nice n quick, cool!

I was told for the v-birth to fit the angle along the hull with the thicker foam to use an electric cutting knife... wouldn't tell the redhead tho. :wink:
Thanks !
...That's what I just did...
..and No I didn't 8)