My L/S 16

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Jayd

My L/S 16

Post by Jayd »

ok so i am at a loss... i have my serial number for my L/S 16 but i cant find out what year it is.. it has the original trailer.and i am wanting to fix it up.. where can i find parts... even repro parts or original?? need 4 cam cleats and have to find seals and parts for my swing keel fins.. HELP!!!!!!
:cry:
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome aboard - as far as the cleats and such you can find something close enough at West Marine, online, etc.

Other specific parts may be a challenge, as far as I know no one ever made aftermarket replacement parts..might come down to make or adapt
Jayd

ls 16

Post by Jayd »

yeah i have seen what they have at west marine.. the store and online.. the size difference is a issue. i hate to have to patch old holes and drill new. also the original cam cleats are racelite... i have found their site and gotten some from there but once again the size... if i have to i will but holding out to put on just in case. second... where can u find the seals and such for swing keel fins??? does anyone know?? that is my biggest problem at moment... just getting a drip on both sides from the levers. been sailing her any way even without the cam cleats.. All by hand and i say.... I Love It!!! hopefully next season i can sell my ls 16 and get a bigger one!
mikepaddle

LS-16

Post by mikepaddle »

Several years ago I was in your shoes...a derelict LS-16 in the driveway and no parts in sight. Most of my rehab was done on blind faith. My main concerns were the bilge board gaskets and the rotten floor. Replacing the floor was my biggest challenge but it came out great! Later model 16's went to a slat floor. I did manage to fabricate new bilge board seals and even made up a few extra sets. Don't worry about a drip or too. They will stop when the plywood liner inside the board housing soaks up a little water. Although not Racelite, Mariner Sails in Dallas (www.mariner-sails.com) can set you up with equivalent hardware, lines, etc.

Your title registration should have the year built information. If it helps, my boat is number 259 and was built in 1960.

I would be interested to see where you are in Texas. I live in Dallas and primarily sail at White Rock Lake.
Jayd

ls 16

Post by Jayd »

i am located in corsicana tx about 45 minutes south of dallas.