My hatch repair video...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
astrorad

My hatch repair video...

Post by astrorad »

Hi everyone...I've been at it again and have posted the video briefly detailing the repair of my C22 sliding companionway hatch. I hope that it helps anyone out there with similar repairs. Click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLJRibxK ... 5KnrMWUX_Q
Bill
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

That is sweet ! I've got to do the same thing soon, and seeing your results makes me want to dive right in.
windnutlarry

Hatch repair

Post by windnutlarry »

Nice job...looks great! I have to repair the flange on one side of my hatch too, and now I know how to do it.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

All I can say is . . . beautiful!

Scott
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

Nice job. It's one of the things on the list when I put my boat in the shop for the winter. Luckily, most of the varnish on my bin boards has flaked off. It'll be easier to clean it up for the Cetol treatment. I think I'll copy your trim on the hatch cover if you don't mind. That looks very good on an otherwise rather plain boat, these C-22's.
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Another fabulous video, Bill!

I'll add that you can get powdered Teflon that mixes nicely with epoxy. Used it on my tabs and the sides of the companion way where the tabs travel. The more you sand it, the slicker it gets. Since the teak hold downs cover it, uv discoloration is not an issue.

Again, great stuff, Bill! Thanks for posting!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Mark...I didn't use any type of lube additive in the epoxy because the polycarbonate corner guard material I used is quite slick as it is and I didn't want my hatch sliding around on it's own while underway.
The hatch moves easily enough as it is now so I don't forsee needing any type of lube in the future. Thank you for the comments and for watching my video. I simply try to add to the knowledge base so others are inspired to try out their own techniques and learn from what I do right and from what I do wrong.
Bill
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Nice job Astrorad.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/