Sliding galley for Chrysler 22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Edgar

Sliding galley for Chrysler 22

Post by Edgar »

just bought a c22 and i am trying to get a sliding galley.
DVD

oops

Post by DVD »

couldn't sell mine so i tossed it, a lot of weight for a small boat
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

Much better to adapt camping gear. It'll be lighter and easier to store out of the way. A portable water tank with a pump is all you need for a supply, with a simple plastic utility tub to wash the dishes or even use as a bathtub.

The original unit was a real space hog.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I agree with John,
Unless you REALLY like the kitchenette slide out thing I would not worry to much about it. It is heavy, takes a lot of room, and I've NEVER used any of mine! LOL! They tend to end up in my shed instead of on the boat!

I also do not over night on my C22.

Scott
windnutlarry

Sliding Galley

Post by windnutlarry »

All our boats were built before the age of cheap bottled water and high-quality plastic bulk dispensers. I removed the faucet/pump assembly and the pressurized alcohol flamethrower and discarded them. I then used some old marine plywood interior pieces to make a trim piece to cover the faucet holes and a new cover to replace the old stove base. The water bladder was long gone anyway, so that compartment is now just storage. I varnished the new lid and added a couple of brass handles to lift it off, and intend to put a piece of countertop on the underside so it can be reversed for a food prep area. We still have the sink, but just to hold a plastic basin. We use disposable wipes for most cleaning anyway.