What online sailing is happening this winter?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

What online sailing is happening this winter?

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Soon the water will be hard and the boat will be secured behind the locked gate with a snow drift in front of it :cry:
In years past I've been able to go online and get my sailing fix through folks like Jessica Watson's around the world trip, Barcelona World Race, Vendee Globe or the Volvo Ocean Race :)
BUT this year, there just does not seem to be much going on sailing wise that one could log onto a couple times a week and follow.

Any recommendations to keep an ice bound sailer sane? :roll:
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Bill
Dallasbob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dallasbob »

Bob T . . .
1979 Chrysler 26 "Indecision"
Dallas, Texas / I-45 / Galveston Bay
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Bob...I'm subscribed to half of those already...thanx for the added ones...winter is so damn long here in Wisconsin.
Bill
Dayenu

Thank You!

Post by Dayenu »

I probably have no reason to complain as rogue valley Oregon is considered mild by most winterized people maybe a few inches of snow a few days out of the winter... But for me, my childhood was spent in the Florida Keys and up until 14 years ago, I lived in southern California and could sail year round...

So, armed with these videos, I see our coming winter eased a little as we watch these... planning "picnics" in bed with tropical fruit drinks, Seafood of all sorts and Mylar palm trees hanging in the corners of the room... Heck, we may even crank the heater up, don on some shorts and tee shirts and turn up the ceiling fan... If only they made a spray-room-fragrance that smelled of the sea!

=D

Thanks from us both!
Richard & Tresa
What we now have, was once, only hoped for...
adamh

Post by adamh »

Oh and don't forget to play some Jimmy Buffett and turn it up real loud! :lol:
Adam

1978 C-26 s/v "Alpha"
Dayenu

Post by Dayenu »

giggling here...

"Boat Drinks" is playing though my head...~!

(If you don;t know it, look it up on the internet and read the lyrics... Lots of great Jimmy Buffet songs but this time of year? Seems to be the "Winter Sailor's Anthem" around here!)

=D

Cold and Grey outside... Even though she's covered, looking at Dayenu in our side driveway just outside our kitchen window puts a smile on both our faces!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Do not shoot 6 holes in your freezer 8)

Hey if you haven't yet check out Eric Stone songs too...
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

I'll be singing "Boat Drinks" when the first mate and I head to St. Augestine the end of February 8)
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Dayenu

Post by Dayenu »

laughing my head off!

Close to shooting those holes... an old freezer outside that doesn't work like it should but still won't give up... begging to be shot just to honor the song! LOL!

I'll have to check out Eric Stone, not familiar with him...

St Augustine in February... Ah.... heaven! For us, it's LA (Marina Del Rey in March/April....) Have a great trip! Post some pictures for those of us still waiting, hoping... or... shooting holes in freezers! LOL!

Thanks for the laughs guys!