Chrysler 20

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Redheadedman

Chrysler 20

Post by Redheadedman »

I am going to look at a Chrysler 20 on Saturday to purchase. The price is unbeatable and I am super excited.

I like many before me am looking for more info on the Chrysler 20.

Are there any common issues I should be looking for?

The deck, is it balsa cored or plywood cored or solid glass?

I have seen so little info about this boat, if I get it I will probably use this post or another if forum rules dictate to document everything I can about the boat.

I will take measurements, and videos and pictures galore!!

Thanks for any help guys!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard Redheadedman!
wish I could give you lots of details but I sold my C20 to a friend before I could restore and sail!!

What I can do is point you to our main page where we have links to documents including the C20!

Chryslersailors.com

Good luck!
Scott
Zac Penn

Post by Zac Penn »

Oh man I REALLY wish my 22' was a 20'.... The cockpit is much larger so more passengers can come out and play. I don't think I will ever use the cabin for sleeping so I would have loved the extra cockpit.

Make sure to keep us updated on the boat and all the fun you will have with it.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

We have a couple of C20 owners on the board so hopefully they will chime in before Saturday. From what I recall we don't have nearly as many C20 repair stories as we do C22 and C26 ones. Probably a good sign. They are a solid and well loved boat from what our group says
Redheadedman

Post by Redheadedman »

So I picked her up today!!

For what I paid I think I made out quite well.

The boat is the gold with the white stripe. The hull is in decent condition, but the front of the keel (looks like an iron rusty ballast bolted in) and the rudder shaft looks a bit corroded.

My Bristol 29 has bronze shafts, any one know what the original material was for this rudder shaft?

The boat was uncovered and the cockpit filled with a bit of water that then froze, so I will start heating it all up tomorrow to try and get that stuff out (I have since covered her all up).

I have not been down below yet, but I did peek inside, and there is some standing water that will need to be evacuated asap!

I will keep you all posted, and perhaps some pictures when I get some daylight.
Rivercruiser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rivercruiser »

Sounds like fun :shock:
C-26
Hunter 29.5