Help I broke my mast step

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
bernina27

Help I broke my mast step

Post by bernina27 »

Lesson learned; if you are too tired and you can wait until tomorrow, wait.
I brought the mast down not parallel and snapped the hook part of the mast step.

Does anyone know where I can get a new step? Or who the mast maker is for the C22?

What a bummer! :(
Michael O'Brien

broken mast step

Post by Michael O'Brien »

Sorry to hear of the problem - are you using the the optional mast erection bridles? If not, they should help keep the mast on an even plane side to side to avoid this next time. I'll check a source for the step, but it probably could be welded. Also, I noticed your old post on sails. We are using a 150% genoa from a Catalina 22 which seems to work just right, as well as the original Vector sails. Good luck, Michael O'B
Rich

Post by Rich »

YIKES! I hope nothing else got hurt in the process. I had to have my tiller mounting bracket replaced, and I had it fabricated at a machine shop, if all else fails you could probably take the broken one and have a new one made? Also, try posting a wanted at places like trailersailor.com classifieds could be there's someone out there with a boat that's in no condition to sail, but the owner would part it out? I'm sure there's some way to get your boat fixed and on the water again quick. :)
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
Wag4513

Replacement parts

Post by Wag4513 »

You might call these folks. Joel is very helpful.

http://www.idasailor.com/

I had them made a new rudder for my C-22.
Jim Laurence
Chrysler C22
Dallas, Texas
bernina27

Thanks for your help

Post by bernina27 »

I ended up finding a place that is fabricating it out of stainless steel for $80. It's going to take a week to get the part, so it looks like I'll be working in the yard this weekend instead of sailing. Oh well. Thanks for your help everyone!