Pin and bracket

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
TimR

Pin and bracket

Post by TimR »

Hello to all,

I am the pround new owner of a C-22. Like many of you have done, I am starting a restoration of the boat. Has anyone found a source for the keel brackets and pin. Any information would be much appreciated.

Tim
Tim Rice
1978 C-22
Moscow, TN.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keel Pin

Post by hp18carr »

Tim

If you have not seen it yet look under the Keel section of the sailing discussion, there is sure to be information that can help you there.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
(Pandora for now)
O-day 22' 1973
(Old-Yellow for now)
N41EF

Post by N41EF »

Or under drawings, I did a set of drawings that a shop should be able to use to make some for you.
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

N41EF wrote:Or under drawings, I did a set of drawings that a shop should be able to use to make some for you.
Tim, welcome aboard ! To get to the drawings go to the main page at
chryslersailors.com, then click on Documentation, scroll down to the section for "C22_Sandpiper" and you'll see a link to "C22KeelPinDrawing.jpeg"

Scott has some pics of his keel pin repair,also under the main page, favorite links, favorite links, keel pin repair.
Guster

Post by Guster »

Tim,

Here is a link to a photo page of my c22. You can see the brackets I made, might be a tad overbuilt but I'm happy how they turned out. I welded in studs rather than using bolts. That eliminated 10 extra places to leak. I can provide a drawing too, but it would be nearly identical to the one posted here. Unfortunately Chrysler used a shotgun to locate the holes for the bolts. No two are exactly alike, so you must transfer the holes from your existing brackets.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11275565 ... banner=pwa

N41EF, sounds like an aircraft registration number? What are you flying?

Dan
70's Barnett Butterfly "Blue Jean"
1976 C-22
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Tim...those brackets look really solid...wish I had the setup you had for doing the work...hoist,fork lift. You have given me some ideas for mine though...Thanx.
Bill
Coreth

Welcome aboard!!!

Post by Coreth »

Tim,
I am in the middle of a restoration myself. I took the before mentioned drawings to my fabrication guy a couple months back and he is creating them for me. I let him do it at his leisure over the winter months and it saves me a few bucks. From all the research I did, this is the only way to obtain new brackets & pin for these boats. I have my current repairs detailed on my blog. I''ll soon have the bracket and pin posted. Welcome aboard & please share your progress.

Cheers!
Best Wishes,

Corey
The Tigon - 1977 C22
Blog: SailingPugetSound.net