RC Sailors anyone?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

RC Sailors anyone?

Post by CaptainScott »

OK, it has been quiet on the forum and I've had some extremely busy days at work lately. Many 25 hour days and even more very long days.

So here I sit in a 1/2 hour lull looking for some read and . . . . .

OK then.
Most of you know I sail RC, used to be very big in RC planes, dabbled and became proficient at 3D helicopters, even had a buggy. Finally dumped it all except my RC sailboats.

Just recently my neighbor talked me out of on of my sailboats. All my RC has been demoted to 1 24 year old Fairwinds, 2 itty bitty indoor heli's and a flight simulator.

So, now I am in the market for a new RC sailboat. No race. No sloop. In fact, I'm really liking the idea of a schooner.

The first mini ship to catch my eye is Robbe's "Valdivia". However this is no longer available unless I can find old stock. What I do find is extremely pricey. To the tune if 1400 bucks! YIKES. I want one but not THAT bad.

So, now my eyes are on the Victor "Mary J. Ward". Looks similar enough I could modify the sail plan to look like the Valdivia which I do like.

My wants are an ABS hull. No need to plank yet another model ship. Schooner rig with no more than two masts.

Don't want a square rigger. I think it would be much of a hassle to haul and store. Don't want a frame and planked hull. To much work. Beautiful but been there done that.

No scratch builds. Planes were work enough.

So Chrysler brain trust . . . .

Anyone have any experience with the schooners or ideas of kits that might fit my desires? I have received a "Pull the trigger" from my bride but I thought I'd ping here first!

I leave my thoughts in your capable hands! LOL!

Scott