Chrysler Enthusiasts in Wisconsin

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
br-549

Chrysler Enthusiasts in Wisconsin

Post by br-549 »

One of the ways to encourage sailing is to create events or enthusiasts to get together. It seems there are more Chrysler sailors active in Wisconsin. Creating events are an incentive for me to make more progress, be prepared and makes me a safer sailor. Any interest in a regatta, meeting or tour?

Here are some events:

Strictly Sail Chicago January 14-18th.
Sailstice June 18-19th

Ideas:

Pre-season dry sail, inspection or tow-in?

Many yacht clubs and marinas are willing to add another class to a regatta. Are there any good fits?

I have always wanted to sail Door County.

What lakes are friendly to off-shore anchoring or have marinas that would encourage a gathering?

Castle Rock

Lake Mendota

South Shore

McKinley Marina

Sheboygan

Washington Island

http://www.travelwisconsin.com/things-t ... /directory

Would you be interested? Where do you live? How far would you travel? What would you suggest? What is the likelihood you would participate?

Regards,

B-
We are so blessed
Reality

Post by Reality »

if Door County, the best/only safe & free "offshore anchoring" would be on the north side of Peninsula State Park at Nicollet Bay and nearby Horseshoe Island (when NW wind). I captain power boat cruises by these spots and they are the only/most popular. Occasionally boats anchor in Bailey's Harbor (Lake Michigan side) just outside the town marina, but in a south blow that's not possible. I slip my boat in Ellison Bay since all DC marinas are very busy in summer. Stepping a mast on weekends would be "unpopular".
br-549

Post by br-549 »

Reality wrote:if Door County, the best/only safe & free "offshore anchoring" would be on the north side of Peninsula State Park at Nicollet Bay and nearby Horseshoe Island (when NW wind). I captain power boat cruises by these spots and they are the only/most popular. Occasionally boats anchor in Bailey's Harbor (Lake Michigan side) just outside the town marina, but in a south blow that's not possible. I slip my boat in Ellison Bay since all DC marinas are very busy in summer. Stepping a mast on weekends would be "unpopular".
Great suggestions. Have you been to Jackson harbor?
We are so blessed
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

All great ideas.
Another thing that will be happening around us (Wisconsin) this summer is the Tall Ships Challenge Great Lakes 2016.

http://www.sailtraining.org/tallships/2 ... 6index.php

Chicago IL. July 28-31
Green Bay WI August 4-7
Duluth, MN August 18-21

No more that a 3 hour drive from just about anywhere in Wisconsin, and you could spend time with the Tall Ships! We are blessed!

We went up to Duluth last time the Tall Ships were there and we are planning on doing it again. Sailing with these grand ships was a real treat. We trailered up, stayed in a transit slip at Barkers Island Marina, so we could drive in to tour the ships from lad and sail out to sail with them.

http://s929.photobucket.com/user/rbaker ... 013?sort=2

The First Mate and I are planning to do it again this summer, followed by a week or so in the Apostle Islands.

I would be interested.
Depending on on my schedule it would be fun to participate in a Chrysler event.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Reality

Post by Reality »

Great suggestions. Have you been to Jackson harbor?[/quote]

Jackson Harbor is a great harbor and like stepping back in time. I go there often in my power boat. But there are really no facilities there other than a hotdog stand and outhouse. The water get fairly skinny in many places and not sure about anchoring over night. There is dockage and usually some available.