When things go RIIIP

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
jsa

When things go RIIIP

Post by jsa »

Well... I may be taking a short, unintentional hiatus from the Chrysler due to a ripped main. I was taking some people out from the club when the wind suddenly built to white-capping conditions on the lake. I decided to put in a reef since we had a ten year old on board. Shortly after reefing we were sailing along when all of a sudden..... riiiiiiip. The middle reef point had given way and know there was a triangular rip under it. I believe that the outhaul line may have come loose and caused it to load up. Live and learn I suppose.

So, out of three boats I only have one fully operational... hehe. I broke the boom on the sunfish rounding an downwind mark during a windy race at the end of the season during an epic capsize, so the hobie will have to fulfill my need for sail.

I have insurance with Progressive on the Chrysler. Do you guys know if insurance will replace this type of damage? I'm waiting to hear from a rep now, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with similar experiences.
Reality

Post by Reality »

interesting question. Please post answer from insurance.
Dallasbob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dallasbob »

I have a friend in Chicago who ripped the main on his Beneteau last year. I don't know the details, but his insurance company bought him a new sail. Never hurts to try.
Bob T . . .
1979 Chrysler 26 "Indecision"
Dallas, Texas / I-45 / Galveston Bay