getting ready

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.

Moderator: CaptainScott

Number1

getting ready

Postby Number1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 pm

I've been in Sequim, WA for a week now getting the boat ready for a first sail. The. po bought a replacement mast with rigging but never raised it. What a chore, all the shrouds were coiled in the lazaret and had to be sorted out, a trip to port townsend to replace two missing turnbuckles and starting the engine that hasn,t been started for 2 years,
I went to start the engine using the full tank of gas left on the boat, after all there was a partial can of sea foam so it should be good right ? Turns out the fuel tank sitting ready to be started was full of water . go figure.After cleaning the carb and replacing the gas engine purrrrs I made a roller to hold the mast on the back end of the boat so I could raise the mast by myself, worked perfect. I.ll post photos when I get time. I used the bridals I made from the specs in the document section and had dedicated mainsheet block and tackle purchased on ebay. tie down ratchet straps and the boom completed the rig and I was able to put the mast up single handed in a 15 knt cross wind with no trouble.more to come later. :)

figure9

Postby figure9 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Congratulations on getting your boat ready. I put mine in the water for the first time since I finished getting er sea worthy this past June. You are going to love this boat. She points well and is rock solid. Good luck.

Return to “General Chrysler Sailing Discussion”