Almost did it again! LOL!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Almost did it again! LOL!

Post by CaptainScott »

Sadly I am guilty of hovering over Craigslist and OfferUp for that next boat.
I've been minus a fixerupper for a year and a half now. I spied a prime candidate for me to play with.
While not a Chrysler it was clearly neglected at best and possibly abandoned!

It was for sale on OU so I contacted the seller. The deal I offered included asking price but seller must go to DMV with me to transfer ownership or interest to me. The seller simply quit communicating with me at that point. Hmm, to bad, I had cash and desire. Since retrieving the boat was an effort including ferry rides I was disappointment as I had already started the planning on getting it.

Oh, now WEEKS later of no responses from seller, the seller asks if I am still interested! Yeah, No. My gut tells me he had a better offer that did not go through. Doh! Either way, I find it irritating to be mid negotiating and on party simply disappears!

Spring is coming and boat prices will soon solidify or go up! I think I am late to the party this year!

It is OK though! Last thing I need is another project! I am very deep in my old chevy at this point!

Scott
Skipper Dan

Re: Almost did it again! LOL!

Post by Skipper Dan »

Sometimes the best thing that happens is to loose a buy, the next one and maybe better deal is just around the corner. It seems like every time I buy something, something better shows up a week later.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

LOL!
Oh yes! Been there a few times!
Its all good.

I still have some unfinished work on Destiny that I better finish if I am to keep the admiral happy!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Scott,
I walked away from a cabin cruiser project last month, just didn't feel comfy with the money exchange and the paperwork. Found out later that type boat has some real horror stories for deck and stringer rot.

Cars will keep you busy ! Loading the Mini Cooper S on the car trailer tomorrow (likely in a pouring rain) to take it to the far off dealer for extended warranty work. High pressure secondary fuel pump, and timing chain recall...learning a lot about high performance Direct Injection Turbo motors ! (Figured I'd rather tow it than have my Admiral have to follow up there and back for 6 hours on her day off !! )
Bilgerat

Post by Bilgerat »

I had one guy like that. I saw an ad on Craigslist. The guy was looking for the pulpit and a very rare kind of stern rail for a Catalina 22. I happened to have the pulpit & stern rail from an old Starwind 22 hull that was too badly damaged to repair. Personally, I think it's a MUCH better looking pulpit than the OEM Catalina, & the stern rail has a much better track for the main sheet than the almost non-existent one on the Catalina stern rail. I told the guy what I had & he said he was interested, but wanted to make sure they would fit. I went out in my yard (in the pouring rain) & laid the pulpit & stern rail on a Catalina 22 I have & took some pictures. He liked what he saw. Then he asks me how much? I tell him he can have the pair for $50. (I was just trying to get rid of a preponderance of "stuff") Now he's all hot to trot & asks me where I live. When I tell him, he tells me it's too far & breaks off all communication. (Annapolis to Frederick is only about an hour's drive)

TWO YEARS later, I get an email from this guy asking if I still have the pulpit & stern rail available!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

LOL!
CraigsList folks!

Some are awesome. Then there are the others. . . . . .

Scott