Almost did it again! LOL!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.

Moderator: CaptainScott

CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Almost did it again! LOL!

Postby CaptainScott » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:15 am

Sadly I am guilty of hovering over Craigslist and OfferUp for that next boat.
I've been minus a fixerupper for a year and a half now. I spied a prime candidate for me to play with.
While not a Chrysler it was clearly neglected at best and possibly abandoned!

It was for sale on OU so I contacted the seller. The deal I offered included asking price but seller must go to DMV with me to transfer ownership or interest to me. The seller simply quit communicating with me at that point. Hmm, to bad, I had cash and desire. Since retrieving the boat was an effort including ferry rides I was disappointment as I had already started the planning on getting it.

Oh, now WEEKS later of no responses from seller, the seller asks if I am still interested! Yeah, No. My gut tells me he had a better offer that did not go through. Doh! Either way, I find it irritating to be mid negotiating and on party simply disappears!

Spring is coming and boat prices will soon solidify or go up! I think I am late to the party this year!

It is OK though! Last thing I need is another project! I am very deep in my old chevy at this point!

Scott

Skipper Dan

Re: Almost did it again! LOL!

Postby Skipper Dan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 am

Sometimes the best thing that happens is to loose a buy, the next one and maybe better deal is just around the corner. It seems like every time I buy something, something better shows up a week later.

CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CaptainScott » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:06 am

LOL!
Oh yes! Been there a few times!
Its all good.

I still have some unfinished work on Destiny that I better finish if I am to keep the admiral happy!

Scott

EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EmergencyExit » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Scott,
I walked away from a cabin cruiser project last month, just didn't feel comfy with the money exchange and the paperwork. Found out later that type boat has some real horror stories for deck and stringer rot.

Cars will keep you busy ! Loading the Mini Cooper S on the car trailer tomorrow (likely in a pouring rain) to take it to the far off dealer for extended warranty work. High pressure secondary fuel pump, and timing chain recall...learning a lot about high performance Direct Injection Turbo motors ! (Figured I'd rather tow it than have my Admiral have to follow up there and back for 6 hours on her day off !! )

Return to “General Chrysler Sailing Discussion”