New C22 Fixed Keel

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
phyxius1

New C22 Fixed Keel

Post by phyxius1 »

Hi everyone, and thanks for having me! I just got a '77 C22 with the fixed keel, so I thought I should join this forum. I've already found the documents that CaptainScott has out there and they have been a big help.

I'm currently working on replacing the rigging, doing some electrical, and a few other things here and there. I'll try to add some pictures later.

I am also looking for the corner castings for the bow and stern rub rail corners. The PO had misplaced them. If any of you have a parts boat, let me know!
brigadoon

Re: New C22 Fixed Keel

Post by brigadoon »

Welcome to the forum. Where do you plan to sail?
Rick, c26 Brigadoon
phyxius1

Post by phyxius1 »

I am in Southern California. I will probably sail mostly out of Ventura / Oxnard.
brigadoon

Post by brigadoon »

Being in S. California should make it easy to find good used equipment. I've used Minny's Yacht salvage for 1 or 2 items of equipment. They have a website but you have to go to their store or call because their inventory is so large they don't even attempt to list it. I don't know if they would have something like the castings you are looking for, but you might try. Good Luck and post some pictures if you get a chance.
phyxius1

Post by phyxius1 »

I've heard of Minny's, but I've not been there yet. I'll give them a call and see if they can help me with the castings... Thanks for the tip!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard!
Glad to have you with us!
The Fixed Keel C22 is one rig I've always wanted to sail!

Again, Welcome!
Scott