Deck gear installation question

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
brigadoon

Deck gear installation question

Post by brigadoon »

I'm looking for a little information on installing a bow roller, anchor windlass and some deck cleats. My c26 is in Washington and I'm in CO so I don't have access to the boat except for short times each year. I try to have every thing ready for marathon improvements whenever I get up there. Can anyone tell me the deck thickness in the bow deck area on my 26 so I can purchase installation hardware ? I recently purchased and cut in half a fiberglass sabotina pram (like an optimist) to make a nesting dinghy. I'll be posting pictures as soon as the final gasket arrives. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.
Rick
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deck gear installation question

Post by CaptainScott »

I look forward to the pram photos!
Scott
Holiday

Post by Holiday »

I have been trying to decide how I could add a bow roller to my 1977 C26. The problem I see is there is very little space between the two forward uprights on the bow pulpit.
Skipper Dan

Post by Skipper Dan »

I am going to tackle this in a few weeks. I already removed the anchor locker lid. I reinforced the area with 3/4" plywood and fiber-glassed it all in last year. I am going to remove the fore stay and install the bow roller, I think homemade but am not quite sure yet. then just attach the fore stay to that. It will be off center by an inch but I do not think it will matter. This will also let me attach a second fore stay for a storm sail.

Dan
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Take lots of photos so you can share!
Scott