A bit of boat improvement...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Gus

A bit of boat improvement...

Post by Gus »

Got it done a little while ago. Made it out of scrap teak I had lying around. Need to varnish or oil, and sand the edges, but not tonite :)

Gus
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
Wag4513

Post by Wag4513 »

Gus:

I have thought about adding a step also. However I want to place it so it bridges the gap at the top. Also I am going to drill a hole for a pin so the step will stay in place, but can be removed.

I was wondering why you placed the step wher you did.

Jim
Jim Laurence
Chrysler C22
Dallas, Texas
Gus

Post by Gus »

its the angle of the camera, it looks like its too far forward, but looking fro above, it goes all the way to the border of the companionway. I put it there because I was stepping in the cushions to get in or out of the cabin. I'll try to take another picture tonite.

Gus

p/s And that's also the spot I use to store my cooler.
Wag4513

Post by Wag4513 »

I don't have the bulkhead you have there in front of the shoes. Someone removed it. Gives me a place to put boat hook and whisker poles. However, I think I need something to help support the bridge deck.
Jim Laurence
Chrysler C22
Dallas, Texas
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Nothing like taking a seemingly useless piece of wood and creating something useful out of it.

The area behind the shoes is closed in on mine but it appears to have been fiberglassed in. I like the idea of removable access to the area so someones hard (not pretty) work is probably going to be removed.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Wag4513 wrote:I don't have the bulkhead you have there in front of the shoes. Someone removed it. Gives me a place to put boat hook and whisker poles. However, I think I need something to help support the bridge deck.
Yeah, that bulkhead supports the cockpit, I wouldn't remove it. My plan it's to fiberglass a piece of marine plywood just aft of the bulkhead so it can act as a dam in case I get a leak thru the rudder post.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Couple more pictures of the step project

Gus
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

if possible, can you show some pictures of the inside of the compartments, so that i can see how you anchored the step on the inside? Thanks,
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com
Gus

Post by Gus »

Hi, for the starboard side, I used three thick screws with finishing caps. I pre-drilled the holes. For the port side, I just used 3 10-24 bolts with fender washers. I might use some epoxy just to make sure the wood isn't going anywhere.

Gus