1978 C-20 capacity decal

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
AstroPete

1978 C-20 capacity decal

Post by AstroPete »

Recently bought a C-20 in need of lots of TLC. Can't read the capacity placard and wondering if anyone has a legible version they can share so I can get a new one made. Thanks in advance!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1978 C-20 capacity decal

Post by CaptainScott »

Congratulations on the purchase! I owned one of those for a while but never got to sail it!
I was going to restore it.

A buddy of mine wanted it real bad so I sold it to him!

Welcome aboard!
Scott
tjmall

Post by tjmall »

Thank you glad to be on here.
AstroPete

Post by AstroPete »

Thanks Captain Scott for your warm welcome and for moderating this helpful site. Lots of good discussions to be read here!
We put her in the water and she floats! As an added plus, the water even stays on the outside... :) So far, shes received new halyards, a repaired swing keel winch, washers on all the thru deck hardware that was showing strain, new rudder bushings, a straightening job on the main sheet jam cleat, and a fresh set of stickers. Looking forward to her maiden voyage!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds like you are well on your way!

Funny you mention the water staying outside! LOL! I personally have launched boats with the sole purpose of letting them sit at the doc for a couple of hours! The idea? Just to be sure she floats!

Scott
bjaeger

Post by bjaeger »

I'm anxious to hear how the "Summer of Sailing" has been. I had my eye on a C20 in Arizona. Tried to buy it, but the owner was saving it for his son. I never did get a cruse on her.
Bruce
PS. see my earlier posts.
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

I a hoping you may be able to help me. I got a neighbor boy age 13 a Chrysler 20,1978. We need to remove the mast to do some repairs.
We need help on how to do that. I know the mast base plate on the boat has a hook and the mast fits down over it. The mast needs to be lowered to the aft i think. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Art