A good learning experience

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Jeff P

A good learning experience

Post by Jeff P »

We took our C22 out for the 2nd time yesterday. We had a ton of fun. 5-10 mph wind was pretty steady. It got a little gusty toward the end and we got to experience heeling for the first time. Hard to say how fast we got going but it seemed to be just as fast as the 8 hp Nissan would move us. Of course I made some rookie mistakes and broke a few things. I broke the stern light loose from the top of the transom while raising the outboard. I broke the throttle cable bracket on the side of the motor while lowering the outboard. And I dropped the big pin for using the boom as a gin pole right in the lake. So now I can spend some more time tinkering in the boat after work and replacing all the stuff I damaged. Overall it was a great day. Next on the list is LED lights for the whole boat and maybe a radio.
brigadoon

Re: A good learning experience

Post by brigadoon »

Glad to hear you had a successful/enjoyable learning experience and no major problems. For the led lights you should be able to find led replacement bulbs for your existing fixtures if they are in good shape. Happy sailing :wink:
Rick
Skipper Dan

Re: A good learning experience

Post by Skipper Dan »

Buy a bag of pins it won't be the last time.