Back from a sailing trip!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back from a sailing trip!

Post by CaptainScott »

We are home!
My bride and I plus two other couples bare boat charted a 48' Catamaran from Moorings in St Lucia!!
We all spent the first 3 days on St Lucia touring, eating, drinking and generally fooling around.
The next 7 days we spent aboard "Bare Necessities" a 48 Moorings Cat. Given we are all active sailors and own our own boats we opted to bare boat charter and just go have fun! We left Rodney Bay in St Lucia where a mooring captain stayed with us for a couple of hours making sure we could handle the boat. Every afternoon we took a mooring buoy and visited whatever was on shore. While the anchorages were fantastic the sailing was quite spirited at times! On our crossing to St Vincent and the Grenadines we had rollers as tall as the upper helm station roof! Winds gusted to 35 kts at times and we were double reefed on the main. We had the boat at 10.5 kts at times!

While we all loved the Tobago Cays and snorkeling there I really liked Baquia. We had a barbecue one night on the beach and were surprised by a sudden squall. It was warm so we sat in the rain and ate! It was WET! LOL! I was concerned about the heat and humidity before we went however the boat had a generator and air conditioning which we ran all night every night! Wonderful!

This trip was a dream of mine and it did not disappoint!

I am ready to go again!

Scott

St lucia
st vincent grenadines
tobago cays
C22Bob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Back from a sailing trip!

Post by C22Bob »

Scott,

Sounds like an awesome trip. Post some pix when you get a chance

Bob
Calayr

Re: Back from a sailing trip!

Post by Calayr »

What a dream adventure! Well done. Just in time too...