C26 Rigging pictures

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Highwinds

C26 Rigging pictures

Post by Highwinds »

Hi all,

Finally launched our new to us C26 last weekend and took her out for a sail yesterday. Purchased the boat last spring, but was never able to get her in the water. Was pleasantly surprised how nicely the boat sailed in a 8 to 10 mph breeze, moved right along with some old sails on.

Watch "Chrysler 26 maiden sail May 2020" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/cOcFw8caD1E

Would anyone be able to post (or point me to some) pictures that show how the mainsheet and jib sheets are rigged at the cockpit? Mainsheet I believe is rigged with original blocks / cleat, and seems to be a lot to be desired. Genoa sheets don't seem right coming into the cockpit and around the winches the way I had it set up. I think I am missing some blocks on the on the rail.

I have looked at all the original documentation, but not very helpful. A few kinks to work out on the outhaul, vang, sheeets, etc. but so far, so good!

Thanks for any images or descriptions.

Regards,

Kyle
Attachments
thumbnail (6).jpg
Johnnyberotten

Re: C26 Rigging pictures

Post by Johnnyberotten »

I don't have my mast up yet to send you any pictures but it looks to be set up the same as mine.
Highwinds

Re: C26 Rigging pictures

Post by Highwinds »

Thanks for the reply. I have sorted out a few things, including adding some blocks on the rail just forward of the cockpit for the jib sheets. That fixed the jib sheet alignment into the rear blocks that feed the winches. The main sheet jam cleat needs an update as well as jib sheet replacement. That will help to allow the running rigging to run much smoother. I have also found some interesting tuning information for the mast and shroud rigging that I will post this weekend that a previous owner had documented. May be of interest to others, it has helped me get the mast in the proper position and provided some guidance on proper shroud tension, etc.

Boat very much needs a traveler, but maybe a winter project.

Kyle