Need Pictures of Bimini for Chrysler 22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Rich

Need Pictures of Bimini for Chrysler 22

Post by Rich »

If you have a bimini for a Chrysler 22, I could sure use some pictures of it up, down, and where it's mounted. Thanks.
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
Michael O'Brien

Bimini

Post by Michael O'Brien »

Dear Rich - There is/was a picture of a nice one on the Chrysler Sailing Assoc. Site, www.geocities.com/The Tropics/Cabana/3135, altho the attachment points are hard to see. We may have talked about that one. I've been looking at some larger boats since your post, and the best arrangement seems to be to use a 12-18" sliding track on the inside of the toe rail positioned about midway along the cockpit. This allows fore and aft adjustment to follow the shade, and for different stowing positions. Quick release lower fittings designed esp. for sailboats by Taylor in the West Marine catalogue allows one to clear the main sheets and lay it against the stern. We have a pop-top, and I'm wondering if that is designed for use under sail, (which we normally don't do), but with it up it would be nice for the bimini to link up and match. Good luck and Happy Sailing, Michael O'Brien
Wag4513

Post by Wag4513 »

I installed a bimini on my C-22 recently. When I go out to the boat tomorrow I will take some photos. It stores over the cabin or If I flip it It sits at the back Of the cockpit.

Jim Laurence
Jim Laurence
Chrysler C22
Dallas, Texas