New Member Alan, Chrysler C-22, 1976

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Member Alan, Chrysler C-22, 1976

Post by Alanhod »

Hello,

My Name is Alan, I'm the proud new owner of a 1976, C-22. It's in excellent condition and has all the options. The main pin on the swing keel was replaced/updated 3 years ago. It was rewired last year. Funny thing though, the boat has never been named. I need to name this boat, any good boat names out there you can share? I spent many months looking into new & used boats, boat insurance, etc. and this seemed like a good boat to start with.

The 1993, 9.9 hp Evenrude is in the shop for an over heating issue. I could not get the powerhead off. May need a new motor, I'll know by this Friday.

I've been sailing for about 3 years, all on lake Washington in Seattle. I learned in a local yachet club. My future sailing will be on Puget Sound. I have maybe 40 hours in in a 2 handed dingy, and maybe 10 hours in 20 to 26 foot sail boats. As my dad always said about new pilots, there most dangerus between 40 and 100 hours. I'm hoping I'm not in the same position. Guess we'll find out. :-)

The previous owner says there is an updated for the rudder tube. He says the one in the boat is an radiator hose that the rudder shaft goes through. From what he told me the radiator hose is replaced with PVC pipe. Does anyone have any information on how to do this? (Like the Keel pin replacement.)

Anyway new sailer, new boat. Advice welcome.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Everyone,

I moved this post from the general discussion area where it was posted on May 20 to this forum.

I noticed that new member Alan hasn't gotten any responses, and this is his only post.

Anybody ?
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Can not help on the rudder post I have a C-26.

As far as the boat name there are a ton out there. All mean different things to different people. you dont need a name to start off, spend some time on building the freindship we all seems to have built with our chryslers and the name will just come.

congrates
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

:D Welcome!! I am even newer to sailing than you. I also have a 1976 C22'. The repairs - I cannot help. The naming - like was said earlier, you have to find a name that suits you. My wife's name is Shelley. Our boat is the Sea-Shell-E. I know, sort of corny. But its mine. And your's needs to reflect YOU!! It will come. Don't force it. Hopfully "Money Pit" doesn't fit the bill... :(
Good luck, and Congrats!
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Welcome great having you aboard, here is a link to a thread that may get you on the right track
http://www.chryslersailors.com/discussi ... udder+post

They may be old but they are built like tanks, I used a combination of my wife and I's name for my boat CinJam

If your interested in what I've done to mine and how I've done it so far visit here
http://www.byershome.net/_Boat/Boat.htm
and take a look. A great source for information is here
http://chryslersailing.lizards.net/
Have fun and be safe...............
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I have threatened to rename EE "Tens and Twenties" in honor of the steady trickle of cash that she consumed over the last 2 years !