LS 16 Lonestar

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
gizmoJoe

LS 16 Lonestar

Post by gizmoJoe »

Hey Everyone,

Joe from the Manowar files here. A mechanic friend who was working on my Jeep this AM told me about an old sailboat that his uncle wanted to get rid of. We take a ride and look her over, 16-17 foot daysailer in fair shape
both sails, mast, boom all there. Couldnt find any markings on it. So I go home start searching the net, no luck. As a last resort I search Chrysler and sure enough I find its the Lonestar 16. Anybody have any firsthand info on this classic? Im gonna have a backyard full of these babies soon!

Joe
1967 Man-O-War
mikepaddle

I've Got One

Post by mikepaddle »

I am the 3rd owner of #249 in Dallas. She is a 1960 model and was manufactured right here in the D/FW area. She was purchased from the father of a friend about two years ago and was enjoyed by their family for 34 years. I have both the original suit of sails and an almost new suit that have very little wear. So far my only major projects have been to replace the plywood floor and fabricate new bilge board gaskets.

There are still a few cosmetic issues but they do not affect her sailing ability. She is a great little boat!

Let me know if you have any questions. I will be glad to assist where i can.

Mike