I need some stuff for a new C-22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

I need some stuff for a new C-22

Post by Alanhod »

Ahoy All,

I
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey Alan,
Welcome to the forum.

Were are ya hailing from?
I have a pair of Chrysler 22's up here in the Everett area! Sounds like you had a lot of excitement on your first voyage! we sail Lady Jo out of Everett boat ramp regularly!

Scott
clair hofmann

New sails

Post by clair hofmann »

Hi Alan
I purchased a new main for my Venture 22 4 seasons ago. It is fully battened sail. It would be a good sail to use with lazy jacks. The full battens also help with sail shape in light air. IOt is an imported sail but the quality is good. It is a plain sail with no insignia but you should be able to get that and numbers made at a computer sign and lettering shop. i puechased this sail at Porpoise Sailing Services. Wayne is very knowlegable and easy to deal with. They also sell used sails. Youmight find a spinnaker or storm sails there. You can check them out at www.porpoisesailing.com
Good luck
Clair
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Ahoy Scott,

Well how about that, you
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey Alan, Any chance your boat was at the Edmonds Guest moorage dock sitting parallel to the brake water just below the restaurants? We had dinner there one night this summer and low end behold there was a Chrysler 22 very similar to one of ours right there! Not bow or stern in but side tie and if memory serves me it was a port side tie!

Hey Wouldn't that be funny if I met your boat before I met you!!! LOL!!

If you are familiar with POE then Destiny is in Slip A-7 South!
Yes that would be Hat Island and you are dating yourself by calling it that! LOL!!!

I'll be t the marina tomorrow evening, Wednesday, in the storm helping a friend shop for a boat! YEs 50mph gusts and heavy rain! Should be a blast!

Scott
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

HI Alan
Lazy Jacks are a system to aid in laying the main on the boom for storage. if you do much single hand sailing they would be a great help for secureing your sail. It is a system of lines that run from each side of the boom to the upper part of the mast. you can go on West Marine website, search lazy jacks and see a drawing of them.
Hope this explains them
Clair
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Hi Scott,

Okay, now that is funny, you have met my boat!

Yes, that was the yet un-named Honu that was sitting in the very expensive guest moorage at the Edmonds marina for 2 months. The management at the marina just called me that crazy guy because I just kept paying them and my attempts to move it out just kept failing week after week. They were very nice to me but happy to see me go to I think.

When I finally sailed out of the marina with a barrowed 4hp two cycle, sputtering and coughing. My wife waved goodbye from the dock as I cruised by a true sailing yacht with it
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

LOL!
Love to meet ya Alan!

Sorry to hear of all the problems! I'd have gladly helped where I could have!

I will be at the Everett boat ramp Saturday with Lady Jo at 10:00 am to meet a student of mine. I'd happily get there early to meet with ya if you are available! You would be more than welcome to watch the stepping of the mast. It will appear cumbersome because I will have my student doing the majority of the work/decision making. You will however get the idea as to how it can be done!

Otherwise, I live in the Silver Lake area of South Everett. If you are familiar with the area my house is very easy to find! Especially with a pair of 22' sailboats!!! LOL!

I'll be chatting with my student early Saturday AM. If there is no wind, we'll postpone for later in the day in hopes of catching the evening sea breaze of Saratoga passage. If his wife opts to go ( unlikely ) we'll be on Destiny our 40'er instead of Lady Jo.

Either way, I'll IM you with my cell number. If you are interested in meeting and sharing Sailing/Chrysler ideas or stories, I'm all ears and carry a big mouth!!! ;)

I do have a real job that sends me to bed by 8:30 in the evenings and out of the house by 5:30 AM weekdays so don't call late! You might get a less than enthusiastic answer!

Scott