A fun weekend Cruise

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Rich

A fun weekend Cruise

Post by Rich »

Just got back yesterday from a fun opening day cruise with my local sailing club, and hosted by the Olympia Yacht Club. It was so much fun, we had an opening day parade of boats, and then a cruise out to Olympia Yacht Club's outstation, Island Home. There were lots of beautiful boats all rafted up there at the outstation for a day of fun, food and friends. Below is a picture from that cruise, note, there are TWO Chrysler 22's there at the bottom, mine and my friend Jim's. Jim's is the blue one, and for anyone intersted he's selling it, along with a beefy double axle trailer. (he's moving up to a BIG boat around 41 feet...forget two-footitis he's skipping up to world cruiser class. :D )

"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
edjeep

Post by edjeep »

Glad someone got out and was able to enjoy the great weekend.

I spent the weekend doing various on the boat projects to mine. I had some cracks on the cabin top from where the previous owner has attempted to replace some soft core.. Good job except for the actual attempt at sealing and finishing the repair. So, I had large unsitely and scarey cracks between the companion slider top and the mast step. The more I dug into it, the more I realized I needed to keep going.

Along the way I notice a loose lifeline stanchion, so I pulled them all up and will refit as well.

So, tonight, back home to try and seal up some of my damage, some paint, and who knows, maybe in the next month, I can get out and enjoy a sail too!

I'm curious to know about the cruising grounds there around Olympia. Soon, I hope to take my show on the road, and I think maybe next year it will be time to look at the sound for a summer.

Ed
Tigard, OR