dagger board hardware 13'

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
pizzacutter

dagger board hardware 13'

Post by pizzacutter »

I have been asked to restore a 13' lone star. the mechanisms to raise and lower the dagger boards inside the cockpit are detiorated. anybody know of a source for these parts?
mdenson50

dagger board hardware

Post by mdenson50 »

Although I do not know where you can get parts, I can send you pictures of the handles from the inside of the boat. Would that help?
pizzacutter

dagger board

Post by pizzacutter »

yes I would like to see the inside of your vessel. fortunately I have engaged the services of a good machinist who is currently fabricating for me. hopefully it will work. I have also been asked to do additional restoration work, awlgrip, etc. My experience has been with power boats but a good friend persuaded me to take on this project. He has owned the boat 40+ years and wants to restore for his kids. How long have you had yours? Is it operational? Do you use it much? Any info. would be appreciated.
Dented

Post by Dented »

There is a downloadable parts manual out there but I forget where. It had pictures of all the parts on the boat and a parts list. I have an LS-13 that I just got and am trying to get on the water. The daggerboard levers on mine
are in need of work also. The wood inside the cavity where the plate mounts is all rotted so I am digging it out and filling it with epoxy. At least that is the plan. I have found some o rings to help replace the broken seal and am going to make some nylon spacers to go with the o rings. Hopefully it will work also.
If I see the site with the parts list I will let you know. Do a search for LS-13 and you may find it or Chrysler sailboats.
Thanks,Dennis
LS-13
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Here is the parts manual. I copied this out of the regular Chrysler sailora forum. It was posted by EE or Emergancy Exit. I hope the link works. Nope the link does not work. The title of the posting is "Thu May 21, 2009 1:09 pm Post subject: Chrysler Sailboats Parts Manual"

Thanks
Alan

Everyone say a big thanks to SailFrog, the Chrysler manuals he is sharing are at

Updated Chrysler Manuals

Or go to EE's home page and click on "Technical Drawings", "Chrysler Manuals"

They are pdf's so right click and save if you like.

Ever seen a detailed pic of the C22 masthead. Now you can !

Dan said he was going to try to lighten the C22 interior pics, but they were pretty dark to begin.
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
pizzacutter

dagger board hardware

Post by pizzacutter »

thanks for info from those who replied. The machinist that I emplyed to work on project did an awesome job! I now have a super heavy duty pair of mechanisms for operating dagger boards with locking pins, adjustable friction plates and grease fittngs. They look like they could last forever. Becasue of the cutom work I had almost $1,000 tied up in them. The boat owner has had this LS 13 for over 40 years and wants it restored perfectly. I'll post some photos soon.