Broken rudder mount

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
gus jones

Broken rudder mount

Post by gus jones »

I have an older 15' Chrysler sailbaot. no info from who Ibought it from years ago. The two pins that on the rudder that slide into the mount on the stren have broken. Anyone know where you can purchase replacements?
I have an older Chrysler 15' sailboat. No information on it but the two pins on the rudder
that slide into the holder at the stern broke. anyone know where you can purchase a replacement?
Rich

Post by Rich »

My tiller mount broke on my Chrysler 22 and I ended up having to get one fabricated at a machine shop. Good luck to you, hopefully you will find something that will work.
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

I don't know which of Chrysler's 15 foot sailboats you have. I think the models were the Man O' War and Mutineer, with the Mutineer being a standard day sailor and the Man O' War more what used to be called a sailing surfboard, like the AMF Sunfish. As I remember the Mutineer it uses a standard pintle and gudgeon setup. You can by replacement pintle and gudegon sets from West Marine or just about any shop that carries sailboat hardware.