Chrysler 26 trailer or mods to another?

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
ceek

Chrysler 26 trailer or mods to another?

Post by ceek »

So I'm paying as much for winter storage as I am for my summer slip. The only way out seems to purchase a trailer, but finding one seems about as easy as hand-sewing a new genoa.

Does anyone know of a trailer somewhere in the country? Likewise, is there any talk of a more prolific trailer that could be easily mod'ed to suit my needs?

Many thanks in advance. (And my wife thanks you too for reducing the long-term hit to our check book each fall).

~Christopher, 1,000 Islands, NY
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

ceek, when I stumbled into my C-22 find on e-Bay I now owned a boat in a marina in FL and no way to get it home to PA. So I started searching e-Bay and Craigslist for trailers that looked like they could handle it. Luck was with me again as I stumbled upon a trailer in IN for only $400 "buy-it-now". After consulting with my Chief Financial Officer I was given permission to purchase it. It cost me $400 to go get it, plus another $500 in title transfer, plates, and modifications. This is what I started with.

In the end I calculate I've got about $1300 or so tied up in a trailer which towed nicely to Fl empty and even better home with my boat on-board. And this is what she looks like under load.

My advice would be to start with e-Bay and CL. Your C-26 is a good bit bigger and others here will be able to give more specific advice, but I wouldn't look at anything that wasn't dual-axled. I think you're going to need something rated for 6000 lbs or better. Windward will have the definitive answer for trailering a C-26.
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing