Looking for C26 cushion patterns

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
KeyWest

Looking for C26 cushion patterns

Post by KeyWest »

I am looking for some patterns for the C26 cushions. We recently bought a C26 (fixed keel) in the Keys and it has no cushions. This is my first boat and I don't know where to start. I don't sew and have no sewing machine. I don't know how to even begin to replace these. Currently the V berth has nothing. I borrowed a friend's cushions for the v-berth for a while but they were a bit too small and he needed them back. My plan is to just cut up a 4 inch foam mattress topper I bought and use a bedsheet over it for the v-berth for the short term. The cushions in the main salon are apparently from some lawn furniture and are very uncomfortable.

I'd like to order proper cushions or at least cushion covers, but all of the places that make these want a pattern. I'd be willing to pay something for the time and effort to trace these out from the top and bottom panels of your existing cushions, and of course, shipping.

Any advice would also be greatly appreciated.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Hi KeyWest,

post this question in the "General Chrysler Sailing Discussion" section. I know there are a lot of folks doing cushions now during the off sailing season. I have seen several postings in the last couple of months of folks who have been doing them. They seem to know how many yards of material needed etc.

I personally have no patterns for my C-22 or a C-26. Luckily mt C-22 came with a full set of cushions when I bought it in 2008.

If I recall back when I first joined the forum, everyone was having there cushions made by a company called "Bottom Siders" for there Chrysler Sail boats. I never used them but I do remember that was the name.

Try the "General Chrysler Sailing Discussion" section first though. I'm sure at least one if not more people will be able to help you out. These folks are very exceptionally helpful with this kind of stuff.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
KeyWest

Post by KeyWest »

Many thanks for the advice. I've been to Bottomsiders, and they seem to only make cushions for the cockpit. While cockpit cushions are nice, they are not a necessity for living aboard like the interior cushions are. I think I've searched this forum in the past and found no other leads but I'll try again.

RM