C-22 Tiller 2 rudder post H bracket

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

C-22 Tiller 2 rudder post H bracket

Post by Paul »

I'm looking for the H shaped bracket that bolts to the aft end of the tiller and slips over the fitting at the top of the rudder post. This piece allows the tiller to be raised and lowered. I'd include a picture, but I don't have the part I need! :lol:
Tranquil Chaos
Windward

Post by Windward »

If one doesn't turn up, you could have one fabbed up from aluminum or stainless pretty easily. Should be a pretty simple build.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Thanks, Jeff. It appears from the pictures that this was a cast piece. I could fab one out of stainless barstock but would like to find an OEM if it is out there.
Tranquil Chaos
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Hi Paul,

I do not have another one of these, only the one on the boat. Is this the part your talking about?

(Double Click to Enlarge Photo)

Do you need measurements off this Aluminum part? If this is the right part, it seems to me you could make it with 2 flat bars of Stainless and a Small rectangular block of Stainless bolted in the center of the "H" to hold the 2 flat bar stainless plates wide enough for the tiller to fit in between. That center block could maybe be a hard wood too or another less expensive material like say nylon or PVC.

Thanks
Alan

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
back2class

Post by back2class »

If this is the part you need I can sell this one to you.
c-22