hatch

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
blu by you

hatch

Post by blu by you »

can i change the sliding hatch to a pop p on a c22
im a new chrysler c 22 owner (bought it the end of may )i will be sailing out of port ritchie fl
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

I have a Pop-up C-22 and I've seen none pop-up C-22's and yes I think it could be done but it would not be easy. There are a lot of parts to the pop-up.

Honestly if I did not already have one I would want one. To be even more Honest, I've only ever popped it up to look at it or show it to a none pop-up C-22 owner. Other then that it has no use so far to me in 3 years.

Knowing that, and god forbid anything ever happens to my C-22 and I need to get another one. I would not hesitate to buy one with the non Pop-up top. It makes no difference in the end to me.

Now if I had the Pop-up or the none Pop-up to choose from I would take the Pop-up but I would not put one in if the boat did not already have it.

It's cool to have but I have yet to use it for anything other then the cool factor. No practical application for me as I thought it would be.

If your still going to pursue doing this let me know. I'll take detailed photo's for you of the rig.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

My non-pop top had a smaller opening in the cabon top then the C-22 pop-top.

I think you would need to do some modifications.