Lone Star 13 bilge board seals/gaskets

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
Butz

Lone Star 13 bilge board seals/gaskets

Post by Butz »

Hello! I am new to your forum, happily not new to sailing. I purchased a fairly complete LS13 a while back, and have slowly been getting it back to sailing condition. After hull repair and some hardware replacement, I still have one big challenge before I can go sailing. I was able to take the bilge boards out after a lot of oil soaking and patience, but the seals and gaskets are badly deteriorated. I have ideas for making some, but wondered if anyone has prior experience and hopefully some details on what works, and sizes/sources? The manuals and drawings made available on the forum contain much excellent information, but I do not find detailed "O" ring diameter and thickness or gasket sizes. Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated. If this is already covered in a prior form, please let me know that as well. Thanks!
steve

bilge boards

Post by steve »

Hi! I had luck getting these items custom made at a trouphy shop. Not all shops have a computer that can cut. Call ahead and ask(let your fingers do the walking((driving)) if they can laser cut lexan. If they do not actually have the material it is available at Home Depot in 6"x6" pieces.
He will absolutely have to have the original piece!! Let me know how it goes. nilehorse@verizon.net
West Wight Potter 15 "nilehorse"
Swifty12 "swifty"
ChryslerLS16 "knockabout"