Chrysler 22 replacement windows

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
wildwood

Chrysler 22 replacement windows

Post by wildwood »

Hi
I am a new Chrysler 22 owner and am looking to restore the boat.
I need replacement windows, does anyone have any information
Thanks
Allen
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Do you have the frame and just need the plexy or do you have a hole and need the entire thing?
Tranquil Chaos
wildwood

replacement windows

Post by wildwood »

Hi Paul
I need the frame and the plexi. all the windows on the boat were damaged and leak the frames have been drilled numerous times, by previous owners.
Thanks
Allen
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Alanhod & Astrorad (I think) both have significant posts concering the windows. Alan did a replacement of his and has info on a source for very similar channel. My memory is that Astrorad did a frameless replacement, which gave a more modern look. It involved filling the voids in the honeycomb between the inner liner and outer hull with epoxy and then attaching plexy windows to the outside of the hull. Maybe one of them will respond.

We also have a couple guys who are parting out boats, one in Texas and another in New Jersy. They should be on previous posts in the "for sale" section.

I wish you good luck. It would be great to have another Chrysler afloat!

Paul in Denver
Tranquil Chaos
wildwood

replacement windows

Post by wildwood »

Hi Paul in Dnver
Many thanks for the message, I will certainly check out the suggested posts. We are preping and painting the hull, all the gear and rigging is just about ready as well, and we are looking at sails.
Should have the boat ready by spring launch, will take some pictures as we go.
Many Thanks
Allen in Ontario Canada
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

I did the frameless window system...here are the links to my videos showing how http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgXO44ooMo0 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9COmXqLa50
Bill
billscantlin

C22 windows

Post by billscantlin »

I have 4 C22 windows. If you're windows are leaking the brown gooey stuff, I can tell you what that is. When you take the windows out and clean out the cardboard in the hollow area, you will notice the goo.
The brown goo is the cardboard and the glue . This brown goo seems to show up when the windows leak and when it's gets super hot and the glue melts.
let me know if your interested in the windows.
Bill
816-916-9031
Kansas city, Mo.
BILLSCANTLIN.COM
Nicknick32

Post by Nicknick32 »

Where abouts in Ontario are you wildwood?
wildwood

C22 windows

Post by wildwood »

[quote="Nicknick32"]Where abouts in Ontario are you wildwood?[/quote]

Sorry have been awy from all of this due to my health its good to be back and working on my boat. Wildwood lake is neat Stratford Ontraio Canada
And Yes , I still need to replace the windows in the boat, I fad 4 buckest of water in the boat due to rain leaks maybe someone could direct me towards some(4) windows i good shape or another alternative
Many Thanks
Allen