I need Cushions

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
DiverDarren

I need Cushions

Post by DiverDarren »

Is anyone selling cushions for a C-22? The conditon of the cushions I was given with my boat can only be described as moldy and disgusting . I even tried to save them but as I was unzipping them to remove the foam I had zippers flying off and seams ripping left and right.

Ive searched through all the old posting about cushions and I have not read of anyone finding a company that sells them. Has anyone found anything recently? or have some used for sale?
Darren
1984 Siren 17
"The Ocean weeds out, from all the races of mankind that come upon it to make a living, a certain type of person. This type of person stays with the ocean, and the rest are cast back ashore to deal with the land people."
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

I'm re-doing mine - the boat came without them. Foam is very expensive but I went to a wrecking yard and found several motorhomes and campers. Carried out the first 4 cushions for $10.00. Returned yesterday and got 6 more for $15.00. Also got a swim ladder of a discarded boat for $8.00. It was a smiling kind of day!

Paul
Tranquil Chaos
DiverDarren

Post by DiverDarren »

holy cow! thats a hell of a deal! I think I will go ahead and start collecting foam for a custom set.
Darren
1984 Siren 17
"The Ocean weeds out, from all the races of mankind that come upon it to make a living, a certain type of person. This type of person stays with the ocean, and the rest are cast back ashore to deal with the land people."
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

My buddy has a sail repair shop near Howard City. He does custom cushions as well (He can use mine as a pattern.) I think he just has a flat rate of $50 a piece. Sunbrella or like material, piping, zippers. If yer interested, I'll shoot out his e-mail/website.
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
DiverDarren

Post by DiverDarren »

Thank you! I'm very interested!
Darren
1984 Siren 17
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Sent you a PM.
Mark
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Look over in the "Chrysler For Sale" section. Richard Phaneuf just north of you (Romeo) selling off parts.
Mark
DiverDarren

Post by DiverDarren »

Thanks for the tip. I contacted Richard today and was able to get a full set of cushions for Float on
Darren
1984 Siren 17