Outboard Engine

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
OldUgly

Outboard Engine

Post by OldUgly »

I'm still looking for a used long shaft outboard engine for my C26. Anyone have one or know of one that I can take off their hands? All I can find are short shaft engines around here.
Thnx.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

If you can't find one locally contact Franz in Missouri at Franzmarine@aol.com, website is www.franzmarine.com.

He may even have a rebuilt Sailor 280 like came on the boat originally.

BL
foltz_d

engine

Post by foltz_d »

Yeah,
we kept looking too. Our johnson 9.9 blew. We have been checking ebay and bidded on a few. We ended buying a new one from Yamaha; cost us a pretty penny.We decided to buy a new one since we didn't want to get stuck out in the middle of the atlantic. Good luck
OldUgly

Yamaha

Post by OldUgly »

Did you buy it locally or from a dealer off the web? 4 stroke? How much?
Thanks.
Jim
foltz_d

Post by foltz_d »

We bought it from a local yamaha dealer. It's a four stroke, electric, and power tilt. It is also 15 hp.The total cost was $3,320. The only bad thing is we have to wait about a month to get it. Good luck on trying to find one.