Wanted Mast Step Chrysler 27

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
gettyup go

Wanted Mast Step Chrysler 27

Post by gettyup go »

Long story, wont bore you with it. I need a mast step for a 27.
Ill dance at your next wedding.
I do have a picture, not sure how to post it.
Terry
Austin,Tx
512-217-7456 [/img]
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

A 27...wow, they didn't make many of those. In theory they share the same design as a Morgan 27, so possibly there's a match between the mast steps there. Otherwise its probably a trip to a shop to have it replicated..

Click on the email link and send me the pic if you like, I can probably post it, plus I'd like to see what it looks like as well..
gettyup go

Post by gettyup go »

I didnt intend to buy the boat, it was a fluke. I buy and sale farm/industrial equipment from insurance companies. One day I went to the insurance yard to look a John Deere hay cutter that was in a accident and had a bent hitch. This boat was sitting next to the cutter. It was lock up but appeared as if everything was there.
Both items were going through the auction sale the next day so I made a 500.00 bid on my phone for the boat and really forgot about it.
Next day received a email that I lost the cutter but bought the boat.
Being pretty resourceful I tracked down the guy that trucked the boat in.
He said the only thing he knew about it was a flood claim and he hooked the trailer up and brought it to the yard. The inside had about 2" of water in but wasnt leaking out of hull. I figured that was a good sign.
The boat is all there, 4 different sails in good shape, life jackets good, two dingies, 2012 Suzuki 9.9hp motor, a but load of stainless steel fixtures. It appears that if something broke the old owner had a least or two backups in the cabin closet. Plus it came with a dual axle trailer.
I think the boat at some time was laid over on its side during a flood and thats what broke the mast step.
I saw some guys going with a hinged mast step as a replacement??
Kinda standing between the fence post so to speak.
If you can send me a email Ill reply with a picture of mast step.
tcbpearl@yahoo.com
Cheers, Terry
gettyup go

Post by gettyup go »

My mistake. It's a 26. Title says 27. I'm still looking for a mast step as of today May 10 2016. Looking for the OEM hook type.
We have rehabbed the inside, starting on the outside soon.