Chrysler 26 Trailer

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
thepartydog

Chrysler 26 Trailer

Post by thepartydog »

Hi all,

I know this has been wanted before, but I need to buy, beg, borrow, or rent a trailer for a swing keel CBC-26.

Darin
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

There is a company in Columbus, GA, who manufactures sailboat trailers. I know they have some on site, and may rent. They are sailors themselves, and may be a good contact.
SAIL-TRAILERS.COM
Spencer Smith at (706) 888-6722
Todd Sibert at(706) 329-2038
I bought a trailer from them, and would do business with them again.
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Darin, you might do what we did. Shop around the used boat places/salvage yards.

We found an old boat that was done for, and they sold us the trailer it was on. It only had to meet a couple criteria (dual axle, weight capability, and distance from tongue to axles). We used it as a base, then bunked it to fit a C26.

I have the measurements and such on EE's website.

Also might try these folks up north in Georgia

www.laniermarineliquidators.com

Beau
mga1951

trailer

Post by mga1951 »

Darin,
Sailboat trlrs as you know are hard to find. I found a 2 year old V-hull trlr and cut of the stanchions for the bunks and ordered all the parts I needed to fit it for a sailboat. I re-used the bunks from the new trlr.

The company I found was www.trailerpartsdepot.com. They were very helpful over the phone as well!!

I did alot of research and these were the best prices and material for the job.
The job itself was very easy, hard part is getting the right fit for the hull.
My wife and I did this ourselves. We were fortunate to have it on a lift.
We were going to try to fit in the water, luckily we found a lift to use. Made fitting a WHOLE lot easier!!

I now have a galvanized, dual axle trlr w/ brakes.
I had an original 1976 C-22 trlr when I got the boat.

Best of Luck
Jeffrey
Fore Sail
1976 C-22
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

slane,

Thanks for the tip. I discarded at first, because I had already called www.sail-trailers.com and received a quote for a new trailer. I had heard great things about them and they are knowledgeable about the chrylser 26 swing keel, but I couldn't afford a new one.

Long story short, someone else also said that www.sail-trailers.com rents trailers. I called, and I can confirm that they do indeed rent trailers for sailboats. I was quoted $175 per day, $600 per week. That beats the price to have it hauled here.

Darin
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

Darin, you are more than welcome. I know they are good people, and would steer as many people their way as possible.
Tell them the police officer from clayton county said hi. I bought a new double axel with an tonge extender for my 22' this past fall.
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

I am looking for a trailer for the c26 fixed keel to buy, borrow or rent to move my boat all of 90 miles up island on long island , NY.
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

NYSailor, you might want to start this as a new topic with your location in the topic line. It might get more attention that way. Good luck.
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
lecker68

New York

Post by lecker68 »

The place my trailer was bought was Seidel's Trailers in Germantown, NY
their web add. is http://www.seidelsbiz.com/Trailers/ they sell Sea Lion trailers or in other areas you can go to http://www.sealiontrailers.com and they can refer to the closest dealer to you. Seidel's phone is
(518)537-6060 :)
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/