C-22 mainsheet traveler

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
mikeg

C-22 mainsheet traveler

Post by mikeg »

I need a new traveler car or bearings and sheaves. Anyone know of a place to purchase the correct materials for the stock traveler? I hate to put the new Harken series track and cars on the boat if I am going to sell it soon.
Beyond this there be dragons.
Wag4513

Post by Wag4513 »

I found 5/8" x 1/4" Delrin Bushing Stock at:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.asp

It was $4.02 for one foot of 5/8" x 1/4" Delrin Bushing Stock
and about $5.00 for shipping.

I plan on cutting the rod into lengths to match the bushings. This should be a lifttime supply.

Jim Laurence
Jim Laurence
Chrysler C22
Dallas, Texas
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

Thank you. Have you found outlet for the Delrin sheaves, too, by any chance?
Wag4513

Traveler

Post by Wag4513 »

I am not sure what you mean. My travler car has four plastic bearings that go on the car inside the track. This is what I found. I have to buy 5 feet, so I should have plenty once I figure out how to cut the stock.
Jim Laurence
Chrysler C22
Dallas, Texas
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

Jim,

I, too have the four delrin "bearing" rollers that fit on pegs inside the track, but there are two sheaves on mine at the top of the car that are rollers for a line that limits travel of the car...a sort of boom brake or preventer, if you will. The line is fed through the aft lazarette/fuel tank locker over the traveler, through the sheaves, through a becket or fairlead loop and into a cam cleat, if that makes sense. The sheaves are a very odd size and don't seem to be available anymore.
Wag4513

Traveler

Post by Wag4513 »

Mike:

I don't have that. On the Yahoo site I have posted a picture of what I understand to be the factory traveler. It is at:

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ch ... t&.hires=t

If that link does work it is in photos under switches.
Jim Laurence
Chrysler C22
Dallas, Texas
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

Well, for some reason, I can't get there to see the photos. Maybe I will try to get a shot of mine this weekend and send to you.

Mike