SOLD: C-26 150% roller furling genoa, AirForce

Have a Chrysler sailboat for sail? Advertise it here! Also, any other sailing related items, dingys, sailing accessories, etc.
NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE:
contact information,
price,
Windward

SOLD: C-26 150% roller furling genoa, AirForce

Post by Windward »

I'm revising Windward's sail inventory, and no longer need the all purpose 150% genoa which I purchased new from Airforce Sails in spring 2004. I've since acquired a Pentex 153, a 70 sq ft storm jib from much larger boat, converted a stock 110 to roller furling and recently purchased a new 130 from FXSails. The sail has been my "go to" sail for years, although recently I have been leaving the 110 on in the winter.

=> Cloth: 6.53 oz (I think) high modulus dacron.
Approximate (not stretched) dimensions:
=>Luff: 29' 6.25"
=>Leech: 28' 4"
=>Foot: 15' 8.25"
=>LP: 14' 10"
=>Luff: 3/16 luff tape (Harken, probably other furlers)
=>Area: about 225 sq ft; the luff pad permits it to reef with decent shape to about 130 sq ft (a very short hoist 110), and further when you are willing to trade shape for survival.
=>Clew height: about 10"-12" above lifelines (roughly 31" above deck)
=>Condition: I'd estimated "Good," with at least 75% life left. Cloth is still strong, with no torn stitches and no tears / repairs, apart from some wear on the suncover's lower leech. Some soiling along first 8-10" of entire suncover leech, but I'm planning to wash the sail once I have a free, sunshiny day so it can dry thoroughly. Shape is still decent, although the draft has doubtless moved aft some based on the use the sail's had.
=>Other: Foam luff pad, leech and foot cords, natural dacron suncover on starboard side (some fraying at leech along about 1' near the clew, needs some sail tape or sewn-on dacron), stick-on numbers "481".

I have no pics posted, but can send some to interested parties.

Based on what Bacon Sails, Atlantic SailTraders and Second Wind have listed on their sites, I think this sail would bring $450 - $500 there. I'd like $350, and I'll cover up to $40 of shipping for anyone on this site.
Last edited by Windward on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrysler20%26

Yes I need one

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

I would like it on my boat, should fit. I don't have Roller- Furling now, an I need one. How much to ship it, or should I just come an get it. I am also looking to have the main sail roll up on the boom. I think I like the set up on the Magregor 26 M you can see a video of it on there web site
Windward

Post by Windward »

Shipping ought to be less than $40, so I will cover that from the $350. If you want me to wash the sail I won't be able to ship until next week (working today, and three days of rain forecast). PayPal is great, cashier's check or money order is fine too. If you get the sail and aren't satisfied, you can return it unused within a week (you pay return shipping) for a refund.

PM me and let me know if/how you want to proceed.

The "roll the main around the boom" style of reefing was popular in the 60s, but it was difficult to reef in a breeze and usually compromised sail shape. Many, if not most, such setups have been converted to jiffy (slab) reefing, with cringles installed at preset points and using lines to pull them down to the boom. You might want to see a boat that's set up that way before you commit.
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Ok consiter it sold, sending payment. Going to be nice to have a part of the Great Windword on my boat.