sails

Have a Chrysler sailboat for sail? Advertise it here! Also, any other sailing related items, dingys, sailing accessories, etc.
NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE:
contact information,
price,
sailer430

sails

Post by sailer430 »

I bought a c-22 1976 but sold it 5 years ago. While cleaning out my boating stuff I found 2 sails. I am not a sailor and no nothing about them. I am just looking for a fair price.

1) sunshield sail, 252" x 276x 123

2) hood sail, 303" x 312 x 163

Again I have no idea what kind of sails they are but there are no rips' tears on them and all the stitching seems to be in good shape. Shoot me an offer. i am in Massachusetts. Are these called jib sails??
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hi Sailor 430,
a couple of questions about the sails to help you sell them.

Do they have hanks on the leading edge where they would be clipped on to say the forstay or forward wire?

Or . . .

Do they have "slugs" where they would slide into a track like the back end of the mast?

The hanks would indicate a jib or genoa, the slugs would indicate a main.

Pictures would also help!

Glad to have the chance to see photos of them!

Scott
sailer430

Post by sailer430 »

I tried to download pics but I couldn't get them to load. One of the sails has brass clamp like things. a question mark with a moving pin? the other has like a streatch waistband like on boxer shorts on 1 of the edges. Like I said I know nutn about sails but will ask my kid's to try to dowmload the pics later tonight or tomorrow.[/img]
mariner

Post by mariner »

sailer430 wrote:I tried to download pics but I couldn't get them to load. One of the sails has brass clamp like things. a question mark with a moving pin? the other has like a streatch waistband like on boxer shorts on 1 of the edges. Like I said I know nutn about sails but will ask my kid's to try to dowmload the pics later tonight or tomorrow.[/img]
Post photos please, somewhere There is a tutorial on how, todo it, it's very simple.
1976 - C22
"AnneMarie"