C26 fin keel - Free with purchase of trailer

Have a Chrysler sailboat for sail? Advertise it here! Also, any other sailing related items, dingys, sailing accessories, etc.
NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE:
contact information,
price,
theller

C26 fin keel - Free with purchase of trailer

Post by theller »

Folks,
My 78 C26 saw a rough day a few weeks ago. I was removing her to repair soft spots in the gunnels at the first safety line stanchions on both sides and to finish building a new galley. Due to my poor instructions, the port stay way disconnected by a friend and she suffered a mast fall. It de-masted to the starboard side. Broke the hinge off the top of the boat (which landed, thank God, on the dock). The port and starboard gunnel soft spots extend about 4' forward from the first safety line stanchion.

I have a new position starting, no time to mess with it, and another boat that I had bought. (i was pulling out on account of it). I am considering scrapping the rig to get the money out of the trailer. It sits on a fully adjustable galvanized shoreline fin keel trailer.

The price is 2k for the trailer. I have titles for both the trailer and the boat. The head sail is rather nice, and relatively new. Its on a CDI flex furler, that seems to be ok. The mounting hardware is a little bunged up, but the spool and furler itself didn't fail. The previous owner paid 3k for the trailer in 2001, I don't imagine its devalued much.

Currently, its up on craigslist and im looking for anyone to buy it (scrappers included) so if anyone has a notion, please let me know.

p.s. the hull had every blister ground out of it and repaired with a barrier coat back in 2001. The hull is in excellent shape.

I'll get some pictures posted in the next day or two.